Thursday, August 1, 2013

August

When I finally get to reference to someone that its August, I immediately think it should be Autumn. However, the air is still thick and hot outside and there are no vibrant leaves in sight. Autumn is my favorite time of year. The air seems like the first sip of crisp champagne and there seems to be magic all around turning the leaves to exciting colors. 

Normally in Texas, it is at least middle to end of September before what I described above even begins to happen but today, the first day of August I can't seem to contain my excitement that Autumn is indeed coming soon. 


"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
-Albert Camus


“I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
-Henry David Thoreau


“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” 
-Lauren De Stefano, Wither



“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple...” 
-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



“Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.” 
-Yoko Ono



“Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” 
-Nora Ephron



"I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” 
-Lee Maynard



No comments:

Post a Comment