Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Books I have purchased but haven't read

“It is likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read.”

-Lemony Snicket

I have a thing about buying books. I feel for every one I read, I still probably have 5 to read, however I can't seem to stop myself when I wander into a bookstore. 

The books I bought in San Francisco: 

Mr. Fox 
By: Helen Oyeyemi

“Solitary people, these book lovers. I think it's swell that there are people you don't have to worry about when you don't see them for a long time, you don't have to wonder what they do, how they're getting along with themselves. You just know that they're all right, and probably doing something they like.” 
― Helen OyeyemiMr. Fox

Dear Life
By: Alice Munro

“The thing is to be happy,' he said. 'No matter what. Just try that. You can. It gets to be easier and easier. It's nothing to do with circumstances. You wouldn't believe how good it is. Accept everything and then tragedy disappears. Or tragedy lightens, anyway, you're just there, going along easy in the world.” 
― Alice MunroDear Life: Stories

“She would live now, not read.” 
― Alice MunroDear Life: Stories

Just Kids
By: Patti Smith


“No one expected me. Everything awaited me.” 
― Patti SmithJust Kids

“What will happen to us?" I asked. "There will always be us," he answered.” 
― Patti SmithJust Kids


No comments:

Post a Comment